Wednesday, June 25, 2008

God's Writing Style

"A friend comes at a moment when you look at the other and say, "You too? I thought I was the only one!"--very rough translation from one of my favorite spiritual titans C.S. Lewis

The Aha! Effect. God is so wonderfully humorous in His soverign ways. The very times in my life I've been looking, seeking, asking and praying for things is generally not the specific time He answers. Not because He doesn't care, or is withholding any good thing from me--it's more or less about His perfect and infallable timing. He knows what is best and He knows every season of my life because, after all He is the author of my life. Thinking about my life as a book and God as the Author, I wonder what title He would give my book. Maybe Song of the Redeemed or something along the lines of that. Regardless, indeed He is writing my story and what a good read is has been and still continues to be. It's a page-turner, full of twists and turns, and every human emotion available. He hits on points of all interest. I can't help but want to skip ahead or flip to the end and read the last page. How will it end? What will I be? I know that I will be the woman He has created to be and that's good enough for me. I don't need to know everything right now-----but I really want to. My whole point to this stream of consciouness is to say that whenever i recognize the hand of God in my life, when it is so brilliantly orchestrated, I have the "Aha!" moment. It's a gentle reminder from God that He is always with me, taking care of me, meeting all of my needs and doing immeasurably more than I am capable of imagining or trying to fathom. But when this happens I say thank you My King. You are worthy of praise! I'm thankful and grateful for every intricute detail, even down to what I get to eat for dinner. My God is good. My story is amazing and I love Him more and more everyday. I can't wait to go back over the current chapter in my life and insert quotes and titles alongside My Jesus. To God alone be the glory!

Kristen

No comments: