Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

So it's Father's Day and of course I am thinking about my father, but more so I am thinking about my Heavenly Father. I have a maker. I have a creator. I have been spoken for, sought after, fought for, longed for and redeemed by the Creator of the Universe: My Father, My God.
Yahweh--The Lord of Lords--The Great I Am--The Beginning and The End--My Dad. I am completley known and perfectly loved! I am a Child of God---A Daughter of the King! That is who I am! When He set dimensions for the earth with The Holy Spirit and made boundaries for water and foundations for the land---it was good. I picture God The Father, Jesus The Son and The Holy Spirit having a conversation as they admired their creation: "Well, we really do good work. But something is missing. What more can we create for our Glory? We will create man, all for love, all for our Glory. Whom shall we call "child"? And then they did it. They knew us and loved us before the creation of the world. Amazing! Before we were born God loved us and ransomed our hearts to Himself---all for His glory. You know someone asked me not too long ago what I thought God was most passionate about. I thought about it for a moment and said this: " Well, just looking at what He has done--the story we know---His story of Redemption, His work of salvation to redeem broken, sinful and hopeless people for His kingdom---my first answer would be, "God is most passionate about His children." But taking it further, why did He do what He did? I am reminded of Isaiah 43 where He demands "Bring my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth, whom I formed and made, whom I created for my Glory. Therein lies the answer. God is most passionate about His glory. He did what He did all for love, but ultimately for His glory. Everything is for His glory." As I sit here, I can't help but wonder how I can most glorify God. Even if I don't know specifically what it looks like, I will honor my Father with my tongue, heart, mind, body and life. All of me. So today I say to my Heavenly Father, the God of the Universe who remembered me when He created all things and decided to give me life despite everything He knew I'd do and everything He knew I wouldn't---Thank You for not leaving me orphaned. Thank you for loving me a rebellious child. Thank you for picking me up---for telling me everything is going to be ok---and for the moments I didn't believe You, You held me in your arms and comforted me. Thank You My God My King. I love you. You are better than life! Thank You for Jesus, for The Holy Spirit--the Great Counselor, The Body, Your Word and your promises that have been made "Yes" in Christ. I am humbled by your love for me and relentless pursuit of this daughter's heart. Thank You for giving me brothers and sisters. Thank you for your unfailing love. Thank you for the still quiet voice You allow me to recognize. Thank you for revealing your glory in all of creation. I am grateful to be part of your vast, immeasurable, limitless, infallable plan. You are My King. You are My Father. Thank you and Happy Father's Day Abba Father!

No comments: